Website Project Specialist – Contract Position
MANITOU SPRINGS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & VISITORS BUREAU/OFFICE OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
Job Description – Download the PDF version here.
The Website Project Specialist role with the Manitou Springs Chamber of Commerce will guide the project to completion by providing outstanding customer service and vendor support through flexibility, proactivity, and a strategic mindset. Reporting to the Manitou Springs Creative District executive director, the Website Project Manager will serve our internal clients on Project Teams to see their projects through to completion, collaborating with our partners and stakeholders to produce the best possible result. We are looking for someone experienced in customer service and basic technical support who can learn our platform and build a sustainable multi-vendor marketplace for the creative industry and broader community of Manitou Springs.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Provide stellar partner/stakeholder customer support, training, and guidance as part of our business outreach and COVID-19 economic recovery efforts
- Manage website design & development project from onboarding to iteration 1 completion slated for end of September 2020
- Coordinate all aspects of the project from requirements definition to post-implementation support
- Work closely with Creative District executive director to align project scope, budget, and local economic impact
- Track and administrate the grant report to El Paso County Office of Economic Development
- Monitor & report status and progress of projects to stakeholders
- Serve as main point of contact for website maintenance & support clients
- Work with management team to refine & grow the Application & Web Development Departments as it relates to managing projects.
- Provide technical architecture leadership in relation to new project discovery, design, development, and deployment
- Assist in preparation of technical How-To information and training for local business participants and partners
- Lead project meetings with the Design & Development teams.
Required Traits and Qualifications
- Collaborative team player
- Confidence to tackle customer service issues swiftly, professionally, & autonomously
- Excellent interpersonal, written & verbal communication skills to work with vendors, business, online customers
- Supremely organized; time management skills are essential
- Good people person with a positive attitude
- Experience providing training to small groups
- Logical and analytical approach to critical thinking and problem solving
- Solid technical understanding of content management and web technologies including WordPress, Shopify, etc.
- Understanding of data structure methodologies, technologies, and standards
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Basic HTML experience
- eCommerce experience on at least one platform (Etsy, Woocommerce, Shopify, or similar)
- Product photography experience
- Knowledge of User Experience and/or web design
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Familiarity with project management software
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Website Project Specialist” in the title.